Nokta Fors Gold

Hey guys,

Yes I do post at few forums. Ive detected for over 30 years and never did forums before. I actually like share detector stories and read about other peoples experiences and about the equipment they use for prospecting. No freebies here. I started using my fors gold purchased from kellyco last fall. I found it to be astonishing on the new technology they made so I shared. I have used dozens of detectors thru the years. Offline before I raved to people how great my gb pro was. Really no different then someone rooting for their favorite football team. I have received compliments from the nokta staff for my shares. Beings their real testers went off the radar. I always try to get the latest equipment to continue improving my detecting chances. Was thinking about a gpz. But just too much money. So I bought a gpx 5000 from Rob and got a good deal on a package. So for now fors gold is my goto vlf. But if someone makes a better one someday, then I will probably share about that. But it really dont matter what detector you use. The key point is research and dedicating time detecting. I go detecting atleast 75-100 days a year. The rest of my metal detecting revolves around helping people out so they can be successful. in the mean time all I have is nokta stories and hopefully some gpx stories. And maybe after awhile I will be using somethin different.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob I clicked those links you posted but I don't seem to understand what they have to do with Nokta detectors ??

Those links are not promoting Nokta.

They have to do with a giant importing co. which I have seen all over the internet for years being involved with everything from .99 cent rubber cell phone covers to multi thousand dollar industrial machinery.

And we all know a fake Minelab blue box when we see one !!! fer sure. If you can,t tell a fake or know how to research whether one is a fake you deserve to lose yer money.

As far as I understand Nokta is a family run business in Turkey. 2 brothers had 2 different mfg. companys and 1 brother sold out to the other that's the story I have learned and until otherwise proven I will believe.

And as far as Californiagold bein F.O.S. I will give you my opinion on that in the not too distant future we have never met but we share a common interest.

Hapy Huntn all an stay safe.

By the way ? I'm headed out late start today promised the wife I would take her to a patch and let her use her 3500 for a few hours today as she only has Sat. an Sun. To get out and beep.

Hope she gets into somethin good.

See Ya

Frank I never said califoroniagold was FOS. just to be clear. :) let me see if I can explain this. Im not talking about alibaba. look at Sono and Sonoy. they are part of same company.one is a manufacturer (of metal detectors) the other is a distributer on Alibaba. Sono makes detectors that look identical to some Makro detectors with a different name on them. Makro and Nokta are the same companies. they also own Nokta detectors. and yes those boxes do look like repainted minelab boxes dont they? see the new stickers over the old ones on the coils that look just like Minelab coils.? If you buy enough of them, they will paint or put stickers of anything you want on them. and yes I know Nokta's home base is in Turkey. I'm talking about where thier detectors are made. (China) californiagold talks about his youtube detector video's on another forum? "says look for his name" under Fors Nokta on youtube. I cant find one on youtube? gave up looking. Is he using a different user name on youtube? or is californiagold, Nokta detectors? there is no californiagold on youtube? whatched a bunch of boring Nokta video's with bogus air tests and reburied ground tests(in the ground of thier choice, didnt even look like hot ground) that we all know arent worth crap in the real world. I will say this, californiagold and Nokta are getting a bunch of free advertising out of this! :lol:Tell him I said Hi uncle frank.

but as far as Nokta goes, I think I'll stick to my current detectors. Minelab,Fisher,Tesoro. AzNuggetBob

Frank

Do you have a new detector ?

Bob

I hope we can get down to the truth if not what is. I need a new coin detector but if I can buy one that's great in both worlds then why not. I like White's V3i because I can setup my own programs. I know I can gold hunt with it but to me it's more on the coin side of detecting. I'm just not wanting to spend as much money as I do on gold detectors. The trouble with coin hunting is everyone now says they have a family member that's going to hunt it. Bull ! Before it's over Uncle Sam will be telling us the same thing.

Chuck Anders

Hey bob

The videos I did with a detector is on youtube. Fors gold adventures channel. And no im not doing any for publicty. I found pounds of gold for over 30 years and never shared one pic online. I joined this forum because I bought a gpx from Rob. And joined other forums that my good friend hoser john belonged too. I have posted on nokta forum because they asked me to share there. Nobody else has. And if you want to come up here and follow me around with your minelab your more then welcome. I have one too, but so far just aint finding much where allready been with vlfs. The density of the pocket gold clay at a few places never let any metal sink. So vlfs got most of it. Ive been running sens. Xtra even. Had a friend hunt on my property 2 days with gpz and never found any. Not even lead. And he has been running minelabs since the begging and been very successful.

Im not sure where noktas are made besides turkey. I looked everywhere on detector and on warranty. It dont say anything. But usually anything made in china has it on a product. Their proud of that. I did have a power switch failure on my first fors gold. But they immediatly sent me a brand new box in 3 days. So I took apart old box and investigated the inside. All the electronics and boards inside werent cheap. They used high quality parts. Didnt see any chinease writing on anyyhing inside. But the whole detector was built tough. Better then my fishers. Had alot of trouble with failures on my fishers. They cant take my physical requirements or crawling thru brush patches and such.

Well let me know when you make it to cal. And well go detecting.

californiagold I have not tryed one of them or seen the inside of one, but I do love electronics. why dont you take your user name on youtube? I gave you and Notka a butt load of clues that I think you should change to help re-launch Nokta/Fors successfully. there is also some jokes in there too. but hey JMO

also if the writing on the components is japanese versus chinese thats always a good sign. :lol:

Oh BTW if there is a CE symbol on the bottom its made in China.

AzNuggetBob

Chuck, Yes I have one that I am experimenting with. Have only used it twice for a couple hours each time and so far I am impressed enough to keep using and investigating it.
But I am definitely NOT turned off on it or simply disappointed about it since I received it . Quite the opposite !!!
I will post more when I form opinions.
And I am going to try to find out more about the mfg. of this detector. Mainly because of what Bob thinks has stirred my interest.
BUT and its a big BUT from what I see when handling this unit its much more precisely built than many other units even if you ONLY take into account the physical aspects of it .
I would be actually the 1st to argue simply buy looking at it that it is a Chinese product.
I have owned and seen one hell of a lot of Chinese products since our country has made this change up to their products flooding us over.
AND this CAN'T be Chinese quality. If it is theres a new wave taking over manufacturing in China and I don't have any proof of that yet.

Chuck :)
years ago when I was starting up in Arizona I was using a Gold Bug, Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro also,Tesoro Lobo ST, Minelab Eureka, and then a Whites GMT.
I had the most success and enjoyment with the Whites GMT, it suited me I grew into it better than the other brands.
I detected literally 100's of tiny nuggets with it and the same for meteorites some deeper than 14-16 inches.
When I go out and use this new detector I am mentally comparing its capabilities and accomplishments to those detectors and particularly the GMT's performance.
And above that this machine has 2 other programs and I am NOT one to look for or enjoy programs, they are a PITA for old guys programs are for the young as far as I'm concerned because of the time and concentration involved to learn and remember them.
Well this is where I believe this detector is going to "shine". I have already used it for discrimination in an area for coins/relics and it works for an old guy that's used to GOLD SPECIFIC machines just hunting GOLD. Its very up front and simple to operate so far.
I need to put more time in with it and I am going to in the coming weeks/months and like it or not !!! I'll keep ya posted cause I'm one of those guys that can't keep a good thing to himself when I find it. That's why the local patches are worn out !!!
Hapy Huntn

Frank

Thanks for your post. The only other question is did you get the gold are core? To me both look they could do the same job. Well I'm going to sit back and wait to hear what more you have to say on the Nokta. I did send a email to Chris asking him more about the them.

Bob

You may be right as rain as the expression goes. The only thing I don't think Rob are Chris would sell a product that was inferior. Made by one hung low. Now if you're right you have saved their bacon by your post.

Cagold

You just keep posting the gold you find because I don't care if you find it with a broom handle. Gold is still gold and I like seeing it. Ca. is where I started prospecting back in 61. I wanted to move there but I was married and she didn't. I could have gotten another wife but didn't think about it at the time.

Now days you can't turn anything over without seeing made in China. I have a friend that is married to a half one. I wonder if I'd turn her over would she have MIC on her bottom. She is one good looking thing.

Here is a old dog wanting to catch something. Well I'm not dead yet.

Live and let live.

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Nokta and Makro are the same company, manufactured in Turkey. They build very high end VLF detectors and other products like Pinpointers. They are nowhere near a China knock-off, very high quality and craftsmanship if their design and electronics. I don't sell Nokta Fors Gold, but do sell all the Makro products, which will have the new Racer and Gold Racer very soon. Rumors are it's better than a Fors Gold. :huh:

Chuck I went with the Fors Gold model. Pro Pack comes with 3 coil sizes plus other handy items. Simply Because I wanted a new VLF for GOLD detecting and it offered another program with disc that could be used for coin/relic OR just messin around old gold bearing areas where there a lot of trash.

I acquired a new interest with my senior citizenship at 62 last season and that is coin/relic hunting.

The main difference I see on the gold model VRS. the core model is the CORE model has a salt mode for hunting around salt water or high salt content soils I guess also. By the way if ya didn't notice CORE is short for Coin Relic I believe.
I don't need that where I am and for my purposes I would rather have a unit that is more GOLD Specific.

Hey Frank

Thanks for all the info. We never get too old that we can't learn something. I hate to be the one to tell you this but at 62 you still got baby fat. I'll be 74 in May . Now don't get me wrong I've got fat but it's nothing to do with baby fat.

The best to you Frank on finding gold with your new detector.

Hey Rob

Let me know when the Makro gold comes in. I want to look at both when it hits the market. I've been known to being wrong but the Makro and Nokta sound like they have lots in common.

Thanks All.

Chuck Anders

Wow this thead is jumping.

californiagold I saw a photo of a Notka and it had a CE on the bottom of it? but seriously it has someting to do with the european trade commission or somthing like that its an old joke “Chinese Export”. I was just kidding. Ill cut down on the jokes.

anyway I appreciate the offer to come over and hunt together but I am very busy here at the moment. I have not hunted in Cali in some time and I have to say I do miss it. bunch of gold over there too! so hopfully maybe I can take you up on the offer at a later date. and thanks for the update on how to find your videos.

I do agree it seems like everything is made in China these days. there are companies over there that make quality stuff but we also get boat loads of crap from some companies over there too. It seems like most of the electronics are made there these days. its good to hear that Notka honors their warranty and does repairs fast, that's always been important to me. that's one of the reasons I like Tesoro detectors. I've used them for years and only had one problem. I live close to them and took it in early and got it back that day.

I would like to see one of these Notka's compared to a Fisher to keep it fair as they are both VLF's. but as far as I know they don't make the Gold bug any more. I still use one and they can still be found. I also like the GB2. I haven't got a chance to try the GB pro yet so I really cant comment on that. other than to say it has a single 19kHz Operating Frequency. so I would consider it a fair candidate up against the Notka Golden Sense with a 17.5 kHz operating frequency. as you can see I think its very important to consider the operating frequencies between two detectors in a shoot off. higher frequencies have their advantages in some situations but so do lower Frequencies. I noticed some Notka's have multiple Im guessing to help with overall perfomance. Im also interested in the Golden King with the DPR Imaging Coil but not necessarily just for gold nuggets. I did notice its operating on a linux operating system. do you know if it is possible to download updates?

as far as the Nokta video's, I just think they should have youtube tests done in hot ground for gold nugget machines. not air tests. most gold is in hot ground,black sand etc. those tests would work for coin machines but not gold. everything changes when something is buried. some of the Australian test pits are good. JMO

AzNuggetBob

Hey bob

Glad to see that ce on detector sticker was just a joke. It is on the fors gold I have and my new minelab. I was just about ready to get ahold of Rob about selling me a chinease reject. Lol.

Im not sure how all the different noktas and other detectors with same frequencies would stack up against each other. But when I first got my fors gold last summer. I took it to a patch that I had grided with my gb pro and 10" fisher coil till there was no more good signals left. I used fors gold there with 11" coil and found more gold and lead and such. It impressed the hell out of me. Thats when a couple of fellow prospectors told me I should joined a forum or two and tell other prospectors about my finds. And yes chit hit the fan. Especially since nokta was from another country. But long time ago minelab went thru same thing.

Since doing this comparrison with fors gold vs gb pro. I stopped using my gb pro. But my wife uses her gb pro still and has a NEL sharpshooter coil on hers that is 9.5" x5.5"

She marked deeper signals with that setup and I could hear them with fors. But then tried old gb pro with fisher 10" and couldnt hear them. The NEL coils are defiantly deeper on gb pro. And I have seen other people are using them on their gb pros now. And liking them. Not sure how gb2 would fit in this test scheme. I had one few years back but sold it. If I get a chance I will make a video of test of undug targets between fors, gb pro with nel coil and fisher 10" coil.

Well like I said if you make it out this way give me a holler. I might be down that way this fall to go out with Rob for our free hunt with him for buying detector from him. Ill have to show him how to find gold in his back yard. Lol

Have any of you looked at the number of hits this subject of this new detector has. Sales will hit a all time high for the Nokta . With all the posting we are now on the third page and growing.HaHa

Chris over on Azoutback should be happy being he's a dealer for the Nokta detector.

Chuck

PS the other side of the same company Makro has the Racer with the core and the Racer gold on the way.

californiagold I wouldn't go to hard on Rob in his own back yard! ;):) or he may not show you some of his secrete 5000 tuning tips that only come from him in his free field instruction with a Minelab purchase.

Rob's been around the mountain a couple of times too, and he definitely knows Minelab 5000's.

maybe I'll catch ya out there if I dont make it over to cali first. hey I may learn some of his latest secrets too. :ph34r:

lookin forward to it,sounds like fun.

AzNuggetBob

Hi DIAMONDBACKDAVE

I just think Bob has a strong opinion in what he believes is true. I don't like to bad mouth anyone because I may need that person one day. Example. I'm out there with my new 7000 that I don't have yet. I just detected a deep nugget and I got this big hole dug but fall in. Now here I am got my nugget but can't get out of the hole. Of all the people that come by is Bob. So you can see that we all may need help one day.

Chuck Anders

PS I like the part that I got a GPZ 7000.