sonora Ca areas

Im planning a trip to see an old friwnd who lives in Sonora Ca. Does anyone know this area as to where i could do some beeping. Looking for public areas and maybe gd clubs with claims in this area. I havent ever done any prospecting in the motherload and im researching but would like any and all opinions.

John

I have an invite from an old friend to come spend a few days. I seen there is a gold panning camp few miles down the road. Its in the motherload area. Im looking for gd areas to detext without cliamjumping. Whether its just blm or a club i can pay. Anyplace that has potential. I dont even mind hicking in a few miles .

John

I had to look up Sonora, Ca.......Never even heard of it :unsure:

The nearby placer grounds of Columbia, found in limestone bedrock, is credited with 87,000,000, and that's reading out of a book published in 1948.

One of the richest placer areas in CA!

Gubelube, the American Mining Rights Association outing is Both days this weekend and the good thing is that it is free. Their normal yearly fee is $200.00.

There is overnight camping if needed. Check out their website for directions and particulars

Thanks. I have checked out their site and seems like a gd club or organization. I wouldnt be going this wk end and im not sure id be going enough to oay $200 per yr. Ill keep them in mind if i can make more trips..i was planningbon going in couple weeks and would just like to test out a gpx 5000 and some new coils ive never used. Be nice to be where there is potential and public land. Im still chexkingbinto more resources.

John

The thing about BLM ground is that if someone's private property abuts or is up against the BLM ground they think it's their ground to do as they choose...at Least it's that way in the California motherlode.Regarding the Columbia(Tuolomne County) old diggings,it's all private property or the state park ground.Possibly a few BLM parcels somewhere.There are mining claims(or were on Big mountain) on the out skirts of Columbia above Highway 49 as your entering or leaving Sonora.All hardrock I believe.