IDEA: Minelab GPZ 7000 Field Demo & Testing

• Admin

Hello All,

I had an idea some time back when this new unit was being talked about. I talked with another Minelab dealer about setting up a date where anyone interested in seeing the new Minelab GPZ 7000 in person could come out. We could also try to set up some type of testing area where we could try to determine the depth ability of this unit vs. any other unit out there if customers wanted to see something like that. We could compare the sensitivity and other features also. It would be more of some testing and were customers could come out and see the unit operate first hand.

No other dealer is offering such a thing right now, so I figured it could be a great opportunity for customers wanting to purchase or just really curious about it.

I or we would provide the ground (mineral claims) for testing, all testing devices and detectors if needed. Customer could bring along their stuff to see how it compares to this unit. We would have to consider a location where the EMI is minimal and large enough to support a group of people.

Just looking for suggestions right now. This could be something I or in combination of another dealer that I chatted with do here in the very near future. The location would be in Central Arizona. At this time the location wouldn't support everyone metal detecting after the demo, but that is something we might be able to support for a small fee.

Please feel free to post any opinions, good or bad on how something like this could help.

Great idea Rob, Would be a great time to test our metal detectors [ATX in my case] against the new Beast !! Also charging a small to detect on claims and make a few $$$ bucks at the same time. Got a 5 gallon bucket with pvc through it at 2 inch intervals, filled with HOT dirt, just insert a nugget or lead or nickel at various depths. Works well but no substitute for the real thing,but I will bring it along. ;)

Rob:
That's a great idea to get a honest unbiased opinion on the new detector.

If you want, I would bring my 5000 with my 9x14 that I use 99% of the time and also my Quartzsite 14x24 and play around with DEEP mode.

Just let me know.

Only weekend I cant go is the second weekend of March :)

Some of that area that is open on the north side of the road leading into Rich hill might be a option. Or even around Jackass flats.

Just don't wait until August! :)
Tom H.