Minelab's timeline 1984 - 2015

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I started in the early 90's with Minelab technology, believe around 92-93ish. I purchased a used American Gold Striker, then not too long later I purchased the XT17000 and found my first big nugget at that time (1/3 ounce) with the small, 6-inch DD coil. The nugget/specimen was right on the surface and caused me to unleash a large yell ... :o There was one other guy there, my cousin, if he tells you I shot my gun off too, it might be true (hell, I was excited, what can I say). :P

Goldstudmuffin sorry about your friend Larry, tobacco in any form is now known to shorten lives.

Hey Rob... You and JOBE are the only two distributers carrying Vol 3. 7th edition of the Nugget

Shooter's Bible west of St. Louis Missouri. It started as a potential article for a magazine back in 1982

and was rejected for being too lengthy. Now as you know it is now over 325 total pages and selling

pretty good as a research paper.

As just one example throughout its pages it carries the complete history of Minelab and other manufacturers

up to 2004. However back in May 2003 I was not feeling competent enough regarding the DVT Minelabs

and asked you to explain a number of items regarding this technology and thus you are found on pgs.

269, 292-293. And I truly thank you Rob for all you have done for me over the years! Jim Straight

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Goldstudmuffin - Larry was a great guy to know. The small amount of time I was around him, I could tell he was a great guy. No question he loved your company metal detecting, I could tell when I mentioned your name to him.

Jim Straight - The Nuggetshooter's Bible, 7th edition has been a long time, great seller. They still sell very well, I have them on Ebay, my store and always at the shows.

The Minelab timeline was a great video. Lets you go back and see the old detectors and when they were released.