Shipping update on the GPZ's

• Admin

Hello All,

I have bolted the door shut, disconnected the phones and headed to the hills with my new GPZ 7000. I will ship all your's later ..... LOL

Ok, all joking aside, the GPZ's have been delayed due to the Customs Strike on the docks in LA. They are expected to be at our location mid-next week (hopefully Wednesday). Just wanted to update all the customers that have pre-ordered. I'm not sure I can keep up with all the questions, phone calls and such about updates. I know everyone is so freaking excited to hit their patches with these units.

If you see me in the hills with a look-alike, I promise it's not a GPZ :ph34r:

Hey Rob I have a question.

Are the pre orders coming from current minelab owners or newbies?

Just curious which type would be shelling out that much money on the newest machines.

I wasn't a detector virgin when I got my 5000 but I did make the jump from a goldbug2 right to the 5000.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I should have an updated shipping ETA on Monday. That being said, the strike on the docks is probably causing this delay.

PJ - Thanks for your business and the referral from GW. Please tell him I appreciate it and hope you both are able to make use of this new GPZ 7000 over there on some old patches and new deeper areas.

Lve2fsh - It's a mix to be honest. Many seasoned pro's are jumping in as they have a lot of old patches that have depth and bigger gold. If I had to guess off my orders, I would say 10-15% percent are new customers, not much experience but want to get in with the absolute best. I have changed my order status with Minelab Americas 3 times, the last time they asked me for "the pink slip for my home" ..... LOL

Very exciting times right now. I think there are going to be some great discoveries very soon!!

Right now all my orders are coming from current GPX5000 owners. But a lot of newbies who were waiting for the this machine, have decided to go with a GPX5000 instead when they found out the price.

Doc

Hey Doc, long time since I've seen you.

I didn't have any gripes about shelling out the money for my 5000 but the $9999 is a little harder to swallow as this time around not as much extra cash laying around.

I kept my other 2 cheaper machines but like most of the 5000 I see forsale i would also have to sell mine to even think about the new one.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I think the big question most are asking is "Can the GPZ 7000 really go deeper if I already hit many of my patches with a GP or GPX with a large Round Mono coils." An example would be a GPX 5000 with a NF 25-inch Mono. Many are not convinced this unit will do better than that combo on large gold nuggets, so it will be interesting to see what people start to find once the units are official out there and being used. Speaking from experience and past history talking with customers buying new detectors, they will hit their best patches right away, meaning the guys that post on the forums should have some interesting opinions of the new GPZ 7000 pretty fast. Depending on those opinions and who gives them, a second wave of sales will happen or not happen .....

Like I said, Interesting times with the new GPZ 7000.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Update on shipping of the GPZ - They left Chicago today, I will have my shipment Wednesday evening. All drop shipments from us left today also. I have updated all those customers. Wishing you much success and hope at some point you share your experiences and finds.