Hit a new patch today

been hitting some of the backcountry and finding a little here and there, made a brutal drive and hiked down a steep canyon and had to follow the wash for almost two miles before I hit a big stretch of bedrock and managed to pull 9 nuggets out for a half ounce before I had to hike back out, I am looking for a better way in to try to hit some more areas downstream. post-121-0-09139100-1423958114_thumb.jpgpost-121-0-09139100-1423958114_thumb.jpgpost-121-0-40852800-1423958235_thumb.jpg

Dern Glenn:
That's pretty awesome!
I was wondering where you went...hadn't heard from you for a spell.
Glad to see your still pounding it. Same with me...getting little ones here and there.

But its just around the next bend :)

As for a better way to get in......GYROCOPTER!!! :)

Good luck man.

Tom H.

Thanks, I have been hitting the washes pretty regular, I have found 109 nuggets this trip for about four ounces, so they are still out there, those little ones add up eventually, I have about 60 days left then I have to head east for a while so I will be back in the washes again tomorrow.

Yes Jennifer, we have hit quite a few, most people don't like that coil because it is so edgy, you can't touch anything with them or they give false signals, but they are so sensitive I had to figure out how to hunt with them, now that is my favorite, plus if I hit water I just shove it in and keep going, I almost did that with my goldstalker coil and remembered just in time that I had the other coil on.