Searchcoils

Hello Everyone,

I have been out of the hobby for about a year now due to a new career, but have just picked up a new GPX 5000. Yes, I know the GPZ 7000 is just around the corner, but I can't see myself spending almost $7k (I'm guessing on the price) for the new unit right now. So my question is: In the last year have there been any new "breakthroughs" in searchcoils? Or is the 14" Goldstalker and the 17" NuggetFinder Advantage still the go to coils for gold? Also looking to get a shooter coil! I had the NuggetFinder 8x6 when I had my first 5000 and liked it, but is there anything "superior" to it now? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Chris Coffee

Chris,

No new coils than what you mentioned above. Your Commander 11" Mono is a great all around coil. Since your just getting back into the hobby, use what you have! Once you find enough color the next coil should be the Commander 8" or if you may find yourself wanting to detect in the water the Little Sadie. Welcome back to the best hobby there is

LuckyLundy

Thank you for the reply, Lucky. I didn't think there was anything new and amazing out, but I had heard about the Detech coils and thought maybe I had better ask. People have said all along that the stock 11" Mono Commander is a great coil, which it is, but the round shape makes it difficult to get into some of those tight spaces. Any personal preference between the NF and Coiltek coils that I can gain some insight from? I will use the stock 11" for a while, but I know I will want to get an elliptical coil at some point.

And is the Sadie specifically for water use? Or is it an all-around coil for wet or dry use?

Hi Rick, I am still in the high desert. Was wanting to move out of state but with my new job/career I am stuck in SoCal for the next 20 years at least. Thanks again for the reply.

• 1 month later...

This topic interests me as well. Looking to use a lightweight SDC 2300 to scan and recon ground in Greaterville then once something small is found or some good ground is located I'd like to drag out a GPX 5000 do to a deep scan.

The stock 11" Commander Mono is supposed to be a great coil to use and I've also got a 14x9" Nugget Finder mono.

I know the big gold tends to run deep in Greaterville so was just curious about any larger coils some of you guys have had success with such as:

the 14" Goldstalker and the 17" NuggetFinder Advantage

I don't have experience with either of those coils. Would they be worth purchasing? Thanks