MINELAB'S NEW GPZ-7000

• Admin

Hey All,

Well, this is what most were asking about - Minelab's new GPZ 7000 Metal Detector.

SNEAK PEAK MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON!

Minelab GPZ 7000 Metal Detector

NEW GOLD TECHNOLOGY - UP TO 40% DEEPER*

*When compared to the average performance of the GPX 5000 in testing environments. Actual performance depends on prevailing conditions

• Extreme Gold Depth
  • Maximum Gold Sensitivity
  • Precision Ground Balance
  • Enhanced Noise Immunity
  • Simple Menu System
  • Wireless Audio Freesom
  • GPS Locating and PC Mapping
  • Weatherproof Detecting (GPZ 14 coil fully waterproof to 1m)

post-2-0-28331100-1422583874_thumb.jpg

Information is public knowledge and copied from the Miner's Den in Australia.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Hey Grubstake,

Haven't heard on a solid US price yet. It wouldn't surprise me if the unit was in the range of $6000 - $7500.00 range. I love new technology, but not sure I want to dig any deeper .... I'm hoping for a better discriminator on a gold hunting detector. I will post more information as it pops onto the internet. I'm sure the Australian dealers will have first hand info if you're not field testing one yet :huh:

Well, I guess I got my wish. Here is a copy of my post from October 17, 2012 at http://forums.nuggethunting.com/index.php?/topic/9655-minelab-ctx-5000/

"I have a Minelab GPX 5000 and a Minelab CTX 3030. I am a firm believer at this point that the GPX 5000 has taken PI nugget detecting technology about as far as it can go, with only better ferrous discrimination the only thing to offer me. And I am not holding my breath for that. So where to go from here?

Pretty obvious I would say. Cram the GPX 5000 into the CTX 3030 package. I see no reason why it can't be done. The only limitation would likely be battery time per charge but if a CTX style battery could get me just a half day operation I am fine with changing batteries at lunch. A GPX 5000 is a single package with built-in speaker and GPS and waterproof to 10 feet would be killer. A new coil set mimicing the CTX set would be great as new waterproof coils would be a must. 8" mono, 11" (or 12") mono and 11" (or 12") DD and 18" mono would be all I would ever need. People are already using the GPX for beach and relic hunting and this would put it over the top. I would be using it for almost any detecting at all except where discrimination is a must, like turf hunting in a park."

So is the Steve from the USA in the short testimony Steve H?

Spoke to someone and a tester told him, this is someone in the business not a "I heard from someone who heard from", that on a comparative sized coil in actual mineralised gold bearing ground the 7000 was 20% better. Still, that's inches on a deep target.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

My best guess is the 40% will not be on all targets, but you will only see that on optimal conditions. Many will equate 40% to this type of statement - "Well my GPX 5000 found a 1/4 ounce slug at 16 inches, so that means this new detector will find that same targets at 22.5 inches (40% more)." I find that very hard to believe, but even if you could get another inch or so, that is still a great gain on some type of ground conditions.

I have a handful of places where I know there could be potential for larger nuggets at depth. The question is, are they really there? If so, how many and will an extra inch or so find them?

I'm honestly not a huge fan of more depth, I dig plenty of deep targets now with the GPX and even SDC. More depth means more iron rubbish at depth also (which there is a 1,000 times more of this than large gold nuggets at depth).

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) for a better discriminator on trashy areas for sub-surface type gold nuggets, potentially larger ones sounding like iron rubbish.

Rob I agree in trashy patches unless the descrim is better your going to be digging trash at amazing depths.

But in new/old virgin patches it going to score some big deep gold that may have been left with older machines.

The price, ouch. but with gold at $1200.00 an oz. it could pay for it self real soon in the right areas.

JMO

AzNuggetBob

realize that 1/2 of the theoretical increase is from a 22% larger coil. Minelab's stock coil has always been 11"....they have never had a 14 inch, except Coiltec made them...so a stock 5000 against a stock 7000 comparison would have to be with the stock coils...apples to apples so to speak.

The other 18 % increase should be in the tech Minelab has such genius for...

fred

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I know there is a lot of talk about this new Minelab GPZ 7000 Gold Detector on the forums and here. Here is another "sneak peak" picture of the GPZ 7000 from the ICMJ ad. This had the quotes of the Field Tester in the US, Steve. If anyone is interested in this unit, we will have a stock of them once they arrive in the US. Please make sure you contact us ASAP as our pre-order listing is actually growing pretty quickly. I didn't thing there would be as many wanting one right out of the gate, but some guys are sold on them already, so my guess is some of the field reports must be solid and many are taking the plunge right away. If the unit does what it claims, the early ones will probably have the best chance to hit the old patches where some larger nuggets could be hiding still.

post-2-0-81388300-1422739693_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hey Way2cool,

I have to agree. Some have given me credit card numbers, which I don't like to do in advance to make sure they get one of the first ones that hit US soil. I have to figure out how many of these I need to order out of the gate. I don't want to sit on a ton of them, but sure seems like the demand is high right now for them. I have a feeling some solid information has leaked to the outside, giving some a better feeling this could be a "sleeper" metal detect. Only time will tell, but I'm excited to run it across some old spots along with all the new locations I will encounter in the future quests for gold.

No way ..... I guess we will see.

OK concur...didnt pay attention to the post above AUD