Happy Birthday Tom

Gosh... Think of this... 81 isn't old if'n your a Redwood Tree... Don't burn your whiskers

blowing out the candles on your birthday cake... :) tailgate jim straight

Happy Birthday Pops! :)
We've had some great times in the last 81 years....like the times you had to change my diaper :P

Tom H.

Tom... not many at 81 can get out and kick rocks as you do... Gosh I wonder how many past

80 are posting on Robs forum ??? jim

There are a few of us codgers left to beep out there Jim. Young Tom and I just spent a few days with John Boyle and his wife at Quartzite. He was 84 on the 13th of December and his wife put on a big spread for all who were down there at the time. You can't beat the fellowship between miners, they are a terrific bunch.

Old Tom

Jim:
As far as we know...not many :)
John Boyle is still out there kicking it and finding gold, dad and I met another "youngster" that was 80 at Rich hill with his wife from Cali.

Had a couple of dirt bikers run through a wash we were working one time about a year ago and the last one stopped.

He was 78 and still out keeping up with his buds :)

Age is all in the mind...just got to force the body to keep up with it I guess. :o

Tom H.

I'm sure there are a lot'a older guys and gals past 80 and even in their 90's out kicking

rocks. Mike Temple whom is a member of Antelope Valley was their last President and

out detecting nearly every day at 92. Jimmy (Normandi) Sierra is about 84 and still

heading groups to detect in England. But they do not post on this forum.

However, roll call... How many of us plus 80' guys and gal's post on this forum? Maybe

we'all need to get to know each other and out-shine the youths? just a thought. jim

I had met a few of you "ole timers", and you run circles around me and I am just a young pup yet. I just pray that I am as nimble and young hearted as you are when I get your age. Keep charging ahead and showing the way to us greenhorns... we need your friendships and expertise.