B&Z Booster for the Minelab SDC 2300 Available Now

• Admin

Hello All,

We now have the B&Z Boosters in stock for the new Minelab SDC 2300 Metal Detector. I will post more about this new, exciting product after Christmas. We have a limited supply of them now, which are in high demand.

Your Price $169 + $6.00 US Priority Mail Shipping & Handling

Check out a few pictures below.

To order call us at 623.362.1459 office line.

post-2-0-00265700-1419299259_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-73227700-1419299271_thumb.jpg

The adapter is available for the SDC but not part of the B&Z package, I think Rob carries stocks of them. You can modify the existing headphone cable by cutting and soldering a 1/4 socket onto the adapter end but its a bit fiddly and care needs to be taken.

The B&Z booster is best suited for speaker use, Zip Tie mounted to your harness on your shoulder you can use speakers or headphones in boost mode or any brand of headphone you like (ear bud type) and just go through the bypass mode which then provides the raw un-boosted audio from the detector, the supplied curly cable can then go down to the audio jack of the detector if hand held or down into the battery on your back pack if using the Minelab SD/GP/GPX series.

If using headphones you need to get the volume of the booster above 1 1/2 to 2 otherwise you will hear an electronic buzz like sound in the circuit, on a GPX 5000 just lower the volume controls of the detector to suit or try to source headphones that have an inline volume control.

Once again the B&Z booster is highly recommended for external Speaker use, preferably the GME brand 8 Ohm speakers.

Lastly I personally hand build every B&Z booster from scratch, the original designers wanted to move on so I took on the product to avoid it disappearing into obscurity. Every Minelab gold detector since the SD2200 has been field tested using this product, even my Minelab engineer friends including Bruce Candy use them when performing field trials. If you want good quality audio through speakers with minimal distortion even at high volumes then to date the B&Z is still the best I've ever used.

JP

Absolutely Rob, and also the VLF machines like the Xterra range and Eureka Gold plus it should also work well on the CTX, just plug one end of the curly cable into the wireless module or the detector itself and the other into the input of the booster, then you can run either speakers in boost or headphones in either boost or bypass mode. Anything with a 1/4 audio jack can accept the B&Z booster. The B&Z booster has its own power supply, 2 x AAA alkaline batteries which last for ages (remember to turn off after each session either through the volume control or going into bypass mode, I get a solid 3 weeks at 8 hours a day detecting using dual in-series wired speakers).

The curly cords are also wired in such a way so they do not trigger the inbuilt booster in the GPX batteries, so no double amplification.

JP

Absolutely Rob, and also the VLF machines like the Xterra range and Eureka Gold plus it should also work well on the CTX, just plug one end of the curly cable into the wireless module or the detector itself and the other into the input of the booster, then you can run either speakers in boost or headphones in either boost or bypass mode. Anything with a 1/4 audio jack can accept the B&Z booster. The B&Z booster has its own power supply, 2 x AAA alkaline batteries which last for ages (remember to turn off after each session either through the volume control or going into bypass mode, I get a solid 3 weeks at 8 hours a day detecting using dual in-series wired speakers).

The curly cords are also wired in such a way so they do not trigger the inbuilt booster in the GPX batteries, so no double amplification.

JP

Jonathan,

Will the booster work on VLF detectors made by other manufacturers, say like a Whites MXT?

What parameters is the deciding factor on which detectors the booster will work with?

Jonathan,

Will the booster work on VLF detectors made by other manufacturers, say like a Whites MXT?

What parameters is the deciding factor on which detectors the booster will work with?

There should be no factors, so long as the detector has audio coming out via a 1/4 socket then the B&Z should be able to take that audio and boost it. It could maybe be a bit confusing if the manufacturer has wired the detector up with weird stereo configurations. The curly cable supplied with the B&Z is wired stereo on the over moulded jack at one end and then has a Mono plug on the other end, the two earth wires have been joined together on the mono plug, this then prevents the inbuilt booster in the GPX batteries from triggering and trying to do double audio amplification.

JP

Best way is to take the detector into your dealer and test it out.

Hi Guys,

I bought a booster from Doc years back, it's a Barrie Johnson MKIII.

I am wondering if this might be used on the SDC 2300, for some reason...

It has a 1/4" female for headphones can be used, or, can be simply used with it's own external speaker with volume control.

It does have the four pin input/output, but I'm thinking those gender bender adapters

might make it useful these days...

What do you think? If nothing else, I could put it in an antique display somewhere... :huh:

Gary/Largo

Hi Doc,

I was hoping I could get you to comment!

So my gender benders 4 pin to 5 pin, wouldn't work?

Maybe I will have to retire the gender benders, to the Minelab antique shelf along with the Barrie Johnson MKIII... :(

It seems at one point I did try I that Barrie Johnson MKIII, with the gender benders, on my GPX4000 successfully, when I needed an external speaker, as the external speaker I bought from my local dealer, should have had a clip with it, but didn't, so returning it, I get stuck with a 15% restocking fee...bummer. :glare:

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get up and go home...

Thanks for your input, it is always good to hear from you!

And, have a wonderful New Year!

Gary/Largo

Awesome... so glad to see you continuing this fine product JP.... and thanks to Rob for carrying it. So the cable I see included is the one to go to the headphone port on the GPX battery then and we plug our speaker into this... IE it comes with that cable for that price correct Rob? (not the adapter to SDC, but the cable to GPX battery).

Rob, do you have stock on that particular speaker JP mentions?

Thanks again guys.

Jen

Hi Doc,

I was hoping I could get you to comment!

So my gender benders 4 pin to 5 pin, wouldn't work?

Maybe I will have to retire the gender benders, to the Minelab antique shelf along with the Barrie Johnson MKIII... :(

It seems at one point I did try I that Barrie Johnson MKIII, with the gender benders, on my GPX4000 successfully, when I needed an external speaker, as the external speaker I bought from my local dealer, should have had a clip with it, but didn't, so returning it, I get stuck with a 15% restocking fee...bummer. :glare:

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get up and go home...

Thanks for your input, it is always good to hear from you!

And, have a wonderful New Year!

Gary/Largo

Gary, the difference is that the old Barry Johnson plugged into the detector, and then the power cord plugged into the amplifier with the opposite end of the power cord plugging into the battery.

The BZ Booster that I am distributing for Jonathan Porter is an "INLINE AUDIO AMPLIFIER. In other words it goes between the audio output of your detector, and your headphones or speakers.

So if you are using it on a SD/GP/GPX, you run a cord from the audio output of the battery, to the in put of the Booster, then you plug the headphones or speaker(s) into the output of the Booster.

JENNIFER:

Yes Rob has the speakers that Jonathan uses. We both carry the same speakers that work excellent with this BOOSTER.

Doc

The B&Z is also a good way to get un-amplified audio out of an SDC (or any detector for that matter) into more fragile types of headphones like the ear bud type or Lanier under chin ones. Just plug the curly cable into the headphone socket of your detector and the other end into the input end of the B&Z, then plug the headphones into the audio-out socket of the B&Z booster along with putting the Bypass switch into Bypass mode, any audio from the detector is then supplied unaltered out via the booster without the risk of fragile headphone cables being damaged when connected directly to the detector. (some headphones will require an adapter to get up to 1/4" plug size).

The curly cable supplied by DOC with the B&Zs replaces the straight cable originally supplied as standard here in Australia for fixed SD/GP/GPX use and can be used as a direct robust connection to the headphone jack of a detector or as a connection to the headphone jack of a battery held in a harness for the the SD/GP/GPX series machines.

JP

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Whitebutler said:

I know mine runs supper without but will they bring those whispers up?

Does your wife get jealous when your GPX makes supper instead of her? (Giggle)

Welcome to the forum (I noticed your post count), I hope to see more, you'll love it here, I do (when not in jail or rehab).

Jen