B&Z Booster for the Minelab SDC 2300 Available Now

48 minutes ago, FlakMagnet said:

This booster is the best of the bunch and has been for many years.

Well... with all due respect to JP.... I think Doc's are pretty high up there on the quality of workmanship and user satisfaction rating as well... :)

Jennifer

• Admin

Hello All,

I know there was a question on what units (detectors) the B&Z Booster can be used with.  This is straight off of Jonathan Porter's site -

As used & recommended by JP.

Suits any detector with headphone jack.

Powered by 2AAA batteries (supplied)

Hope this helps a bit.  I have sold them to customers that are using pretty much any detector that has that 1/4 headphone jack.  I haven't heard any complaints yet all all the units I have sold working on VLF, PI and now GPZ's.  

If anyone has any feedback, please post it here so we all can hear about it.  

The B&Z Booster's can be purchased here if anyone is looking for one - 

http://www.robsdetectors.com/bz-booster-signal-enhancer

I would like to hunt some time with you maybe a Rye Patch trip. Or where ever we can get to. I've heard a lot about you Rob. I'm in Northern California and have a good friend and hunting partner that builds some coils that just kick butt for early GP machines. He speaks highly of you and Doc. I'd love the chance to nugget shoot with you both. Just watch for me I'll call you. 

John

• Admin

Hey Whitebutler,

Well it's always great to hear someone is talking good about you.  I have always treated people with the highest amount of respect and consider myself a "straight-shooter."  

I haven't been up to Rye Patch in years, not sure I could even find a nugget anymore there .... LOL  

Doc is a great friend, another person with the highest amount of integrity.  

Looking forward to talking with you. 

Rye Patch turned out about 30 mor nuggets this lasts four days. The detector club where I live went and most are still there till tomorrow. Glad to see it still paying. I had to work this weekend on some local things so I stayed home. Just a got of the phone with some guys that are there. 

So I'll give a ring in a week or two to get a B&Z. I also want to get a pick from JP. I want an XL supersede and it's been hell trying I reach him. 

16 hours ago, Whitebutler said:

.............     So I'll give a ring in a week or two to get a B&Z. I also want to get a pick from JP. I want an XL supersede and it's been hell trying I reach him. 

Thanks for all the positive comments about the B&Z booster and thanks Rob for stocking them.

At present we do not ship the Supersede picks to the US due to freight costs, they are a labor intensive product so as a consequence are pricy making them prohibitivly expensive for overseas sales. 

JP

34 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Thanks for all the positive comments about the B&Z booster and thanks Rob for stocking them.

JP

OHMYGAWD!!!!!!!! He lives!!!!!!!!! Welcome back to the forums this side of the water JP, when can we expect a 7000 video?

Missed seeing you on my trip out to Tib last time (with Greckie).... We'll have to catch up some day, you were brought up often ?

Jen

• Admin

Hey Guys/Gals,

Whitebutler - Wow .... that is pretty impressive for the amount of attention Rye Patch has gotten over the years.  It's a fun place to hunt and the Chevron Gold is beautiful, but a bit too far for me to travel.  I think  the last trip took 14-15 hours from Central Arizona.  

Jonathan Porter - Yes, I have been selling them pretty regularly.  They are a high quality Booster that can pretty much run on any unit from what I have seen.  I agree with you on the picks, they are crazy expensive to ship in general, not counting overseas shipping.  I purchased a few Walco Picks a few years back from a Australian dealer and ended up paying about $200 per pick figuring the cost of shipping included.  It was worth it, as I wanted those picks, but I'm not sure I will order anymore at that price per pick.  

Jen - Ya, when will we see a DVD on the Minelab GPZ 7000 from Jonathan Porter?  Maybe we can put in on the spot ..... LOL

Sadly JP has suffered too much loss from pirates.......typical..... all it takes is one rotten egg to stink out the kitchen for everyone else.

I'm grateful for all the work Jonathan did making vids post Z release which helped immensely,  and hope Minelab rewarded him accordingly. 

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments, my main issue these days is trying to keep the wolves from the door which means only perusing things that generate an income. Spending huge amounts of time on video productions that serviced the whole industry yet make no real money became untenable. Plus after a while gravity takes hold of things a little too aggressively making my 49 year old carcass less than appealing on camera :-) 

JP

10 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Plus after a while gravity takes hold of things a little too aggressively making my 49 year old carcass less than appealing on camera :-) 

JP

Speak for yourself JP, I turn 50 in 28 days and I'm still drop dead gorgous.... (or at least that's what my hairdresser keeps saying when I tip her as I leave, she may be a tad biased though). :)

You're still one of the hottest looking swingers (coil) on the gold fields JP, give yourself some credit..... besides, with that gorgous wife and flock of young JP's running around your paddocks, you're not at a loss for new talent. :)

At least throw us a bone and do up a short SDC video to scratch our itches.

PS: And for those curious who the other most handsome man is on the Aussie gold fields.... meet John.... an absolute gem of a man I detected with last Summer in Tibooburra..... a gentler, sweeter man you'd be hard pressed to meet I reckon, this world needs more "John's".... (pic below)

Jen

IMG_0210

Jen, you are still BAD!...

I think that might be Mike Furness' doppelganger?!? 

Someone asked specifically about the booster and the GPZ...I use one with my GPZ with dual speakers, sometimes with ear buds and occasionally with regular headphones...the sound is dependent on how the booster and detector and speakers or headphones are set-up. I would not be without one.

I hope the gold is flowing into the registers and out of the ground for you, Jonathan!

fred

• 1 month later...

Finaly got my b and z. HOLY CRAP! It's so awesome.  I have it on the 7000 and it really does make the diference. I went over a patch that I hunted first with the 3000 then the 7000 then with the booster. I had two very nice days in that patch and keep pullin it out. This thing kicks butt. Thanx again JP. 

John

On 07/07/2016 at 11:10 AM, Whitebutler said:

Finaly got my b and z. HOLY CRAP! It's so awesome.  I have it on the 7000 and it really does make the diference. I went over a patch that I hunted first with the 3000 then the 7000 then with the booster. I had two very nice days in that patch and keep pullin it out. This thing kicks butt. Thanx again JP. 

John

Hi John thanks for the kind words. Hint for the GPZ with the B&Z, use the Target Volume on 8, Audio Smoothing OFF, Volume Limit 10, Threshold 27, Threshold Tone 60, Sensitivity 9. Put the WM 12 in your right hand (if your right handed) trouser pocket with the speaker facing your body this helps prevent audio drop outs.

JP

20 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Hi John thanks for the kind words. Hint for the GPZ with the B&Z, use the Target Volume on 8, Audio Smoothing OFF, Volume Limit 10, Threshold 27, Threshold Tone 60, Sensitivity 9. Put the WM 12 in your right hand (if your right handed) trouser pocket with the speaker facing your body this helps prevent audio drop outs.

JP

Ok I took my notes. It will be done for my weekend hunts. Thank you JP for the help I'll keep you posted. 

BZ works with any detector as it is an inline Booster.  Plug headphones into booster then booster into detector.

Rob will have them back in stock Monday as we just got another shipment in.

Doc

• 1 month later...