New Minelab GPZ-7000

I found this interesting discussion about the new GPZ-7000 comparing it against the 5000 on the Aussie forums...start saving your money! :unsure:

A leaked picture is on page 4:

www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8936&p=4

Bill

Read the first response to the guy who posted the "leaked photo":

Not. that's the F3 mine detector

The guy who posted that response is someone who used to work for minelab until about 6 months ago and knows the company models. Its a pretty safe bet that he is right and its an F3 mine detector. You can look on the ML website and see it matches up to the F3 photos.

Loads of rumors and not much good info yet.

• Admin

Hey Dave,

I have a used, my personal, that I found a good thousand plus nuggets with for $3000. Includes all stock accessories and the Goldscreamer Power pack battery system.

I also have a trade in for $3200, only used one time for field instructions and the customer decided to down-grade to (2) SDC 2300 for him and his wife.

Just a heads-up!

Contact me at -

Rob's Detector Sales

602.909.9008 cell

Chris, take a look at post #95. The GPZ-7000 is classified as a gold prospecting machine by Minelab and the picture doesn't match up to the "leaked" photo you're referring to. That's also why S. Herschbach is selling his 5000. :o

Bill

I have sold evey Minelab model I had prior to or at release of the new model to upgrade ASAP to the latest and greatest. Nothing new there. I have never regretted it. All the people that hesitated on the SDC 2300 are probably now wondering why.

The leaks are immaterial. What is clear is the new model will be released in 2015 - no, I do not know when! Could be anytime right up until the end so it could be awhile yet. But true story is I have not used my GPX 5000 since I got back from Alaska in July anyway, as the SDC is the ticket to easy gold right now. So I have detectors I can use in the meantime until Minelab releases their next latest and greatest.

Anyone who doubts that has just not been paying attention for the last ten years.

• Admin

Hey Steve,

Great, honest information for the public. We both have been on the same page for years. Like Steve mentioned, it's nothing new, Minelab has always released a new "flagship" PI in the range of 2-3 years. We are a bit beyond that, so it's no secret something is in the works. The biggest questions will be "when are we going to see it." My best guess going from past history of releases is the following -

* Nothing is normally announced here in the US before the Annual Minelab Dealer Conference - Feb. 2015

* Normal releases are Winter time in Australia, Summer time for the US

* 2-3 Years from the release of the product (we are at 3 years, maybe a bit more like the GPX 4500)

This gives you a ballpark idea on when we could see it. If I had to make a very educated guess, I would say June 2015.

All that being said, there are hundreds, if not thousands of detectorist using Minelab SD/GP series detectors with great success. You don't have to have the latest and greatest (newest PI) to find gold. Many believe some of the old PI's are better for depth over newer GPX series.

Well it does help at the last Codan (owner if Minelab) meeting they flat out said the new "Super Detector" will be released in 2015. That takes most of the doubt out of it. Of course you may have to mortgage the house or sell the first child to get one!

Time flies Rob. Got my first GPX 5000 in the fall of 2010. Been four years now.

• Admin

Hey Steve,

Yep, I went back and found some pictures of my first finds with the GPX 5000, it was 2010. Between the Codan announcement and researching the patent, no questions it's coming.

My best guess is the unit will cost in the range of $6300 and 6500 MAP. Not sure how many can afford units topping the high 5-6K range unless they are very serious hunters.

Adam - Agree .... the GP Extreme is a great detector. You might miss 2-5% of the gold the GPX 5000 might get. That could include a deep one just out of the range of an older detector or the smaller nuggets that the GPX 5000 might find in a certain timing.

Any guesses on price?

I will eventually be a serious hunter, and start buying top of the line equipment. As for right now I'm still learning. I've been at it a while and have gotten pretty good at finding the small stuff in a drywasher but still haven't had much luck detecting. I don't give up though, I just gotta get that first patch or two under my belt so I've got a place to hit when I invest in New tech. It's fun and a great way to spend time our doors if nothing else haha. Soon enough I'll be swingin the big boy for sure.