Minelab selling to public

On Bill S. forum he is saying that Minelab is selling to the public direct. http://store.minelab.com/

The thing is their price is not as good as the Dealers offer.

So as always support your local dealer like Rob's Detectors. He's going to be the one that will meet you in the field for training.

Chuck Anders.

Its still cheaper to buy from you guys and have it shipped vs. buying from Minelab.

Plus, you all give field instructions and a LOT of other goodies to go along with the detector.

Cant understand why they would do this. Well maybe...bottom line...the dollar. Guess they can get some foreigners to buy it that way.

Just isn't right though.

Tom H.

This is a lot like people teach their kids. Now that being don't do as I do but do as I tell you to do.

If Minelab store takes away one sell from a faithful Minelab dealer them it's done to all.

I'd say at the next meeting with Minelab it will be a lot of peace pipe smoking into the night.

Chuck Anders

Anytime a manufacturer decides to sell direct it's the same as taking

income away from theeir dealers and distributors. If Minelab had dedicated

distributors/retailers broken up geographically, they should be paying a commission

to the dealer in that geographic area for the sale. Unfortunately, that is not the case

here, and Minelab is taking a huge risk with their US customer base IMO.

Rather than sell direct, instead Minelab should immediately refer any calls

they get to the nearest dealer (geographically). They [dealers] stand a much

better chance of making the sale, the customer is is treated right by a dealer

whose very liveleyhood depends on returning customers, brand loyalty increases

and the manufacturer stays in business.

Making a purchase from a local representative or dealer is pretty much always

the best choice. Not just in price, but in post-sale service and support. Dealers

like Rob will get in there and fight for their customers when there are issues with

a machine, and they'll take the time to teach and support their customers. A factory

on the other side of the planet can't do that.

Lose their network of dealers and Minelab's sales will plummet in the months

following.

Although the Minelab units are beyond my pay grade, if I ever was able to

afford one it would be worth the flight to AZ. to get it from Rob. No doubt

he'd take me to his favorite nugget patch to teach me how to use it.. ;)

Whites started a program years ago that they will sell to the public but the sale proceeds goes to the nearest dealer where subject lives. You get a credit on your account for the sale.

we used to get referals from Minelab, but that stopped some years back. don't know what happens to them now.

bad move all around

I figure Rob has a lot of horse feed to buy so i am getting my 2300 from him.. :P

He has helped me out in the past when i first began hunting..he always took time to give me a quick lesson when he could and most of all he just talked to me like a person and told me some good stories about things that happened in the past--

He has a million stories about him, Chris and others ...i wish i had a book about them all..lol

You cant get that kind of service from across the pond....there are a lot of good dealers out there and i am friends with more than one----- Rob gets the call on this purchase--he has earned it in my book...

pk

Rob and the other well known dealers around really have nothing to worry about. Its not the equipment that brings them business it's the exceptional customer service, honesty, and experience with the products. I could pick up a minelab derector from a box store these days but when im ready to spend that kind of money it will be going to someone I can trust will have my back, offer training and support and I would rather keep that money local as well. You wont find better service anywhere than you will purchasing local from professional gold hunters like Rob and a few others around town.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

First, I appreciate everything you have to say, and we here at "Rob's Detector Sales" truly are blessed to have customers such as yourselves. Our goal has always been to make sure the customer is getting 110% customer satisfaction, lifetime support beyond the sale and quick as possible shipping.

I think the online store from Minelab America's was a shocker to most dealers such as myself. I love the product hands-down, but they promised this would never happen years ago and it started with allowing the larger retailers to sell just the X-Terra series. It's wasn't long before Home Depot, Cabela's, Target and a dozen other very larger online retailers had all the metal detectors listed on their site. I'm sure the large dealers like Kellyco don't like it.

We can bitch and complain, but it's a matter of continuing on. We will still give the best support, service and bundles we can.

What M/lab say and what they do are two different things. Years ago when the SD 2100 had come out they held a meeting in the goldfield town of Dunolly. They said to everyone that from then on the update would be just board replacements in the detectors, or something like that. And it would only cost a fraction of the new machine price. Everyone went away happy. Ha ha, 1 month later they released the new SD 2200. Board replacement? What board replacement we never said that!?

True story.

Roo

I think I know what your saying. but let me put it this way I have been modding detectors for the last 20 years. trust me they have been improving them with every new release. sometimes in the early detecors it was user improvments but they were also changing and upgrading the logic. Once Minelab came out with the 5000 its a little hard to top that. JMO

Rob I gota say, Geesh no-one is offering service like yours, Rob I have no idea why Minelab is offering private sale? It doesnt make sense to me. I think the bottom line is you need to make it known what your offering and the fact your a lot more customer oriented than most dealers and obviously your not going to get that personal service buying from Minelab direct. I understand you may not be able to say that but I will. AzNuggetBob