700 Nuggets in 30 days

• Admin

Hey Chuck,

I seen that earlier today on the Minelab email. Here is the link if anyone want to view and read it - http://minelab.newsweaver.co.uk/1egv95ne3gq94ueztajmg8?email=true&a=11&p=48014373

Great for anyone to find. Hopefully it's our good friend J. Porter out of Australia.

From the sound of the article it doesnt sound like JP because I am sure he has no worries about being anonymous-- and it was 5 weeks----

Here is the beginning of the story--it is on the link above that Rob gave.

"A husband and wife (preferring to remain anonymous) from Victoria, Australia discovered 700 gold nugget pieces weighing a total of 73 grams while on a 5-week prospecting holiday in the remote hills of Central Western Australia. "

So, i suppose all those little dinks do add up after all...... close to having their machine paid for!

• Admin

Hey Paul,

Ya, 700 small nuggets would be worth it. I have collected about 120 smaller nuggets now (all 4 Dwt's and under) with the SDC 2300 in the last 8-9 trips. I believe it's about 3.25 ounces now, plus or minus a few Dwt's. Most of these nuggets were found in places I have hunted before with the SD, GP and GPX. Some places the rain and weather conditions probably helped, but a good 1/4 to 1/2 were found in places I know I scanned before.

A friend just purchased a SDC 2300 and went back over the same place he hunted that day with the GPX 5000 and Joey and found 5 he missed and picked up with the SDC. I'm hoping he will post the details this week on the forums.

Congrats to the finds of the 700+ nuggets (I'm sure more by now).