Road Wash

Hey all:
Dad and I were able to get out today and ran into Wade and another guy.

They had been camping for 2 days and were in skunksville.

I suggested that we try a spot close to where I had gotten some small gold before.

Dad and I took off and let them eat their viddles.

Got to the spot and decided to detect the road. The wash runs right down the main road in this area.

5 mins into it I get a signal on bedrock...look down and its a sunbaker! DOH!

Found another on up on the outside bend. Bout this time Wade shows up and decides to do some placering with the GB2...hes digging out a area and calls me over...laying right there up on some bedrock is another sunbaker :)
I detected farther up the road and get a reverse signal. There is some trash in this wash so im figuring its a piece of tin..well, about 10 inches down out comes a nice fat 3 grammer. YAH!

The other guy found a nice fat nug up a side wash.

Was a great day out for sure and the good Lord blessed us all with some gold.

My total was 4.9 grams...donno what Wades is...hes still up there turning the road upside down :)
Tom

What! got to name it something :P

Tom

Yah....right were I left it :P

Guess you just cant write off any area :)

Tom

• Admin

Hey AzNuggetbob,

Been awhile since we chatted last. Hope all is well. Yep, I keep all those areas in the back of my head, some I have even almost forgot about. That being said, I have to give it up for "Tom" allowing others to hunt his spots. Most are so damn secretive they are scared someone will get a nugget from their spot. Tom has been pretty good to guys here on the forums, so Kuddos to him! :P

Thanks Rob:
I've been blessed with friends that have taken me into spots at Rich Hill, Quartzsite, LSD and other areas that they have gotten gold out of.

They didn't bat and eye when I got some dinks and others found gold in the areas.

Just passing it on :)

Its a lot of fun also when you have others with you and they get a target...we all stand around and cheer them on :)

Or laugh at them when the hole is 1.5 feet deep and there's a big lug nut at the bottom of it.....not that I've been on the receiving end of that! :P
Tom H.