Sawtooth trip...

I responded to this on another forum, but my group will be out there the following weekend, 10/17 - 10/22. We are supposed to have a few "luminaries" joining us too. ;)

Digger Bob

Hey Digger, you are making it tough on me...!

I like this time of year out there, but I don't like the lonnnnggg nights! 6 or 7 seven hours in the sack is about tops for me...but 12?? I guess I could wear my headlamp and hunt at night...but then it's kinda cold out there. Can't win...

I miss the old days, hanging with some new and old friends, and just enjoying sharing stories and memories of our friends, both here and the departed. We sat by the campfire, shelling peanuts, and having a great time. THAT helps make those long nights a little shorter.

Are you guys going to Sawtooth or to the memorial area?

Gary/ Largo

Going to Sawtooth. And I know what you mean about the long, cold nights. What works for me is a head lamp and good book. I used to hunt with a guy who slept in his truck. He'd wake up every few hours to run the heater, put on his head lamp, and read sitting up in the drivers seat. After he warmed up, he'd shut it down, recline the seat, and go back to sleep. We finally had to tell him to move further away so starting the truck several times a night wouldn't wake everyone up. One of those campfire stories you were referring to. :)

Digger

Digger,

Glad you mentioned the headlamp. I should have one in the catch-all storage pouches on the back of my drivers seat. I will see how I and the new to me Four Wheel Hawk camper will fare this weekend. I think it should be quite comfy.

I am anxious to see how my new SDC 2300 detector works out on this trip to the back country of southwest Idaho. You would think I was going away for a couple of weeks, instead of a day or two with all the stuff I have assembled...best to be prepared, rather than cold and hungry.

And then it's the wolves that have taken up residence up there...we'll see if I see/hear any of them. You never know where they will be at any one time, as the amount of territory they cover can be impressive.

Gary/Largo