Great write up with awesome video, staring JP

Wow, Jennifer's done the rounds with this one (just posted a reply on the AZO forum) I had a ball taking the young reporter lady out detecting although she did spring the video camera bit on me the last minute, I thought I was going to take her detecting for gold not sweat it out in front of a camera.

I loved my couple of visits to the States, I was with good people and met a heck of lot of others who I'm still very good friends with to this day.

JP

JP, you going to be at the Minelab meeting in February? I am in the fence but if you are going I will be there for sure.

Minelab should pay your way. Most of us dabble at prospecting. You are the real deal putting food on the family table with your detector.

Steve, stop sticking your head in people fences looking for nuggets on the other side and you'll stop getting stuck IN them... :)

Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw your typo.

Jen

Still Swingin...

JP, you going to be at the Minelab meeting in February? I am on the fence but if you are going I will be there for sure.Minelab should pay your way. Most of us dabble at prospecting. You are the real deal putting food on the family table with your detector.

Hi Steve, I've not had a chance to really think about it to be honest, but as you know the expense of getting there especially all the way from Australia would be pretty hard to justify at the present. I would love to have you and Chris over again sometime though and maybe one day make my way over your way and spend some time with you guys, at the moment trying to pay the bills with gold is getting harder and harder as there is some serious competition out and about these days, people are remarkably well informed even if they are hobbyists, looks like I might have done too good a job of things. :-)

JP

I hear you JP. The competition is fiercer and the price of gold is going the wrong way. More and more it is looking like the good old days in the rear view mirror. Oh to only go back again and get another chance at doing it again, knowing now how quickly it all would go. All we can do however is forge forward and make the best of what we have left, and I do hope you get you share and then some!