Featured in Minelab's new SDC 2300 Video

Rob

What I see that detector sales it's self. The great video's of each of you finding gold may help a little.

If Minelab ever had a winner I'd say the SDC 2300 is got to be the best I've seen on small gold.

The best to all who have the SDC 2300 and out finding gold.

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the comments. The SDC is now becoming a very sought after metal detector. Sales were a bit slow out of the gate, but they are really taking off once guys have shown handfuls of nuggets with them. I'm finding smaller gold that the GPX and other detectors have missed. I even recently went back to a very shallow patch that was really mineralized, soil and bedrock that I worked before with the GB2. I found 3 small nuggets right on bedrock the GB2 missed due to the mineralized bedrock making noise.

Hi Rob,

What a great little video!

You better keep your phone ready for more orders for this

new machine, Rob, this new detecta is truly a rippah, for sure!

The country here in Idaho is not known for really huge gold, but I think my new

2300 should easily suck up all the stuff the bug's have missed!

Thanks!

Gary/Largo

Yo Rob & all who have used the new ML unit, what's the deepest nuggets found in the DWT range? My ML 4500 regularly will find bits down a few inches in the half pinhead size ... Maybe half grain ... What's the depth abilities/size with the new machine???? ... Cheers, Unc

On 8/29/2014 at 3:36 AM, Gold Seeker said:

There was a 6.5 ounce nugget found down in Australia with the SDC 2300 a couple of days ago, it was down 12".

I'll post a link to the report on a Aussie gold forum after work today.

Here's a link to the report on the 6.5 ounce nugget found and a photo below the link.

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t19607-a-great-day-for-the-2300

6.5 ounce nugget.jpg

• Admin

Hey Guys,

The Military discount is still in play for all metal detectors. I believe it was 10 or 15% .... my mind is blank right now .... :mellow:

It's expensive to own and operate both a high end PI like the GPX 5000 and the SDC 2300. For the most part, there will only be a very small percentage of end users owning both. I love the SDC 2300 for small gold and prospecting new regions, but the GPX 5000 is my choice for all around detecting. There is no questions the GPX 5000 gets more depth, but the SDC 2300 has some nice features such as waterproof to 10 foot, you can break it down, really sensitive to the smallest gold and it's ignores some hot rocks the GPX 5000 still picks up!!

The SDC easily found this 2 ounce chunk at 14", along wth hundreds of sub gram pieces.

JP

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Wow, hi JP, you're still alive..... nice to see :) I haven't seen you around much and never received a response to my email (no worries), I was in your area earlier this year, I brought home some of your gold...... spent some time with Greckie (down in Bendigo) and Nemo (up in Sydney) and I asked both of them if they'd seen you around, I guess you were laying low or out detecting (smile).

Nice to see you back on the forums, hope to see you on the fields as well one day.

Jennifer

Still Swingin....

Hi Jennifer, I've been pretty busy of late trying to keep bills paid and food on the table for two rapidly growing teenage boys. Must have missed your email to me, it could have happened when I've been out bush as internet is dificult at the best of times, sorry about that. Wow you came down under and found some gold, Greckie was a good choice especially in Victoria.

The SDC has been brilliant especially once I learned the right sorts of places to target, going by the amounts of reports coming in others are also enjoying them immensely.

JP

Hey Rob

I looked back on the Military discount and it shows it was 15%. The thing is you said then that it ended on July 4th of this year. If one is retired are whatever from the Military your not going to have any ID. I know myself I have I think is called a 214D. I'd have to dig it up to be sure. If this discount is still active I'm sure it will be more people walking around with a Minelab than before.

Chuck Anders

Hey Rob

I looked back on the Military discount and it shows it was 15%. The thing is you said then that it ended on July 4th of this year. If one is retired are whatever from the Military your not going to have any ID. I know myself I have I think is called a 214D. I'd have to dig it up to be sure. If this discount is still active I'm sure it will be more people walking around with a Minelab than before.

You're in the same boat I'm in. I did my 6 years and got out. I have no "official" ID, all I have is my DD214 which is what all .gov agencies ask for to ID that you were in the military. Seems to me they would be targeting the retired or inactive former military guys as we're the ones with the most discretionary income vs. somebody that is still currently active.

Here's something I saw on another site, take it for what it's worth: "Minelab Metal Detectors is now offering a 15% discount on their Minelab GPX 5000 to all retired, former, active, inactive, Vets, and all military personnel until further notice…"

Ironically I still do have my military ID from when I was in. It's 30 years old and is all weathered and beat to hell, but it still gets me 10% off at all the grocery stores. ;)

• Admin

Hey Chuck,

I have an email out to my Minelab Rep to find out again all the details on the Military Discount. I will find out what is actually needed in the form of proof of Military service, as it seems like some say you don't get any ID when you're discharged and others say you do.

Rob

I'm sure if I had retired from the AF I would have had a ID. I would have been entitle to go on a base to buy things at a Military discount. I'm sure when I got discharge I had one but the only thing that is good forever is DD214 showing the time I spent in the AF and the honorable discharge. Unless you stay in 20 years are more you just can't go buy things on any base.

If anyone has a DD214 the only way he can get one is spend the time in the Military.

Thanks for checking and the best to you!

Chuck Anders