21 nuggets with the SDC 2300

So I took my SDC 2300 to a location in California which I hadn't visited in a couple years because the last few times I'd been there it was a skunk. I get started and I hadn't been detecting even 5 minutes when I dug the first target was a little nugget. The second target was a nugget as well. I've only been able to re-work a small part of this area as I keep digging more little nuggets and I don't want to walk away when there are still golden targets. I was shocked to see how much gold was just sitting there in a spot I know I have gone over before at least a couple times. So in about 7 hours detecting, I have 21 nuggets with a total weight of 3 dwt, just over a tenth of an ounce. Yah, they are small, but lots of fun to dig. The largest of these, a 0.8 gram piece, gave a strong down-up tone. Its just surprising to see how small a nugget gives a down-up tone. You can see these nuggets are very rough and have not traveled far. This spot is a lot more interesting now that its yielding a bunch of little gold.

post-9-0-90505300-1408566252_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris,

Looks like gold to me!

I agree it is fun to find nuggets of any size.

I almost decided to head out this morning to a

very high old river bench site that had been worked by

the Chinese back in the day. I had found a small pea sized

nugget with my Gold Bug 2 some years back, and wanted to try

the SDC 2300 out on the same location, as I believe there could be

more gold there. At first blush the overburden looks like any other area with lots

of tree needles every where, but if you try to dig with a pick, it is all bedrock...

Gary/ Largo