Mrs Lucky Out Shoots Me!

Robin, has been prospecting with me for 26 years and this isn't her first time out doing me. She enjoys swinging a detector as I do, it's our method of choice to get our gold fix and exercise. We parked the truck and we headed off patch hunting. But, our hike took us right through and old patch that just a couple days earlier I pulled a near 4 dwt nugget out of. Well I showed her where I got it and she said, she'd catch up and wanted to swing there a little. Well 2 hours later and no sign of Robin, I figured she was keeping busy digging targets out of the old patch. I started to hike back to swing on familiar grounds when the radio sounded off. I finally got one was what I heard, I asked how big, big but not big! Geez, I thought with the 1000's of nuggets she has dug and she doesn't have a guess what it weighs. Back on gold bearing ground, I start to swing my coil some 400 yards from Robin and the old patch. I finally pick up a half dwt dink a couple hundred yards from Robin, it was getting hot and I wanted to see her nugget. Just like any prospector she was rattling her poke bottle and it did sound pretty nice. She dumped it in my hand, a great looking nugget and 20 feet from where I dug up mine the other day. She said, it was just a noisy spot that she couldn't ground balance out and 15" down ends up in her poke! We departed the goldfields for the cool A/C of our truck and I'm sure left more gold to the patient detectorist in the old patch! Until our next hunt

LuckyLundy

post-10733-0-64192600-1407541987_thumb.j

WTG for both of ya! :)
Really nice looking nugget.

Glad you got out and enjoyed the day.

GL to you and many more.

Tom H.