Summer Monsoons bring out Arizona Rattlesnakes!!

• Admin

Summer Monsoons Bring out More Rattlesnakes

Hello All, this weekend I done some metal detecting for gold nuggets and ran into these two Arizona Rattlers throughout the day. This is the time when you will see more of them due to the cooler weather (Monsoons). I spotted several on the road, just didn't get any video or pictures of them. Check out the video below also.

Be alert and know your surroundings when hiking and exploring out there. We highly recommend the use of snake gaitors or snake chaps for a added layer of protection. Check out the picture and Youtube short video.

post-2-0-03724800-1404674586_thumb.jpg post-2-0-12931400-1404674600_thumb.jpg

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel to see all our videos and any recent additions -

Ewwww...not only pictures but a video!!

I really hate snakes.

Tom H.

Good looking snake and good video.

I still can't understand why people in the middle of nowhere want to kill snakes. I relocate rattlers off my property when I find them, better than killing them. We have tons of gophers and I would really prefer to kill them over snakes.

If someone is unfortunate enough to get bit, they learn to watch more in the future, yes, there is a future after a bite.

I've handled snakes all my life, a snake is a snake, they will all want to bite you to protect themselves.

When I see one I'm likely to see more so more viligant.

I agree with Fred, I love the picture of the sanke on the coil. Is that a Mojave Green?

Doc

It doesn't look like a Mohave Green to me, all I have seen have narrow black bands with wider white stripes at the tail, like these photos, also not all Mohave Greens are green on top, but the tail coloration is a dead giveaway, especially if you have been bitten.

mojave_rattlesnake2.jpg

mojave_rattlesnake.jpg