Detech Coil scores one!

I have been skunked for a few weeks, wondering when will it end... :blink: . Whens my ride out of this town? So yesterday I went out and scored a nice little 1.3 gram piece a ticket out of Skunkville!So today I decided to change my motion from slow to very slow on my 4500. This scored me two more nuggets!My swing from left to right and left again at least 6 seconds but seems to work for me on some of those worked out areas. The long piece only weighs in at .9 grams and was down about 7-8 inches. Would anyone say that long piece is hooper crystalline gold?

post-65703-0-68817400-1396656443_thumb.j

post-65703-0-49433100-1396656447_thumb.j

post-65703-0-74214700-1396656450_thumb.j

post-65703-0-44153600-1396656454_thumb.j

post-65703-0-05848000-1396656458_thumb.j

• Admin

Hey Relichunter2,

Congrats on the find with the new coil. I think I might have asked in a prior post, which I probably never went back and ready your message, but here is my question -

Can you give us an idea on the price difference on those coils vs. NF, Coiltek or Minelab?

Who is currently selling them?

How are they on weight vs other coils of similar configuration (i.e. lightweight, round, elliptical or MONO/DD)?

Do they false?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Rob Allison

I knew I would get the answer on what type of gold that is..California chevron it is, LuckyLundy, Wes, thanks for your input ....Grubstake..your close but I have not had any luck up that way...but I am in the general area..... :)

Rob,

As far as performance...it's hard to say, Nuggetfinder, Commander and Coilteck are awesome coils. I have noticed on some of them that false signals are pretty common when you bum them. This particular size Detech 15 x 10 is very stable when bummed, kind of like the small Nuggetfinder sadie coil 8x6. You can bump it and it produces no false signals. I have also draged it along the ground and it was very quite. The Detech 12.5 DD solid, is a bit heavy..but does work as well as the Commander 11 inch I have and also I noticed it performs well in disc. mode. I do prefer the 15x10 Mono E for general searching. I have to say this little Cheveron piece only weighs in at .9 grams and was way down 8 inches easy! I would say some of the Detech coils I have tried out are as good as the others and in some conditions perform better. That's my opinion and I have no connection with this company, what caught my attention was that these coils are made in Bulgaria and are priced very competitively... The guy who sells them is Rege with creekmetaldetectorsales.com

I beleive he is the North American distributor. I like coils, and my collection is growing as you know....looking forward to trying out my new 16 Mono Coilteck...