Customer & Friend scores 7+ Pound Specimen with Minelab GPX 5000

• Admin

Hello All,

Can't say too much, but a good friend and customer of mine recently scored a 7+ quartz/gold specimen with his Minelab GPX 5000 he purchased from us. Huge piece of gold, probably several pounds of gold within the quartz. Congrats!!!

It's still out there ....

Rob Allison

Holy Smokes!
Ill bet its beautiful once it gets cleaned up.

What a hunk of gold.

Tom H.

ok did some math on piece gross weight is 10 pounds 6 onz but going to get xray on piece today crazy thing we also found on this day was i phone 5 in the bush under snow and leaf matter but after drying it it powers up crazey stuff to find with 5000 been great start to season after last years problems with county gary

• Admin

Hey Goldminner,

I personally haven't seen the X-Ray process, but a friend of mine back in the mid-90's found a huge quartz gold specimen here in Arizona. He knew someone, or someone agreed to take the piece to the Hospital and have it X-rayed and even printed him out a black and white photo of it. I seen the Black and White pictures and the large black represented the gold, the lighter was the quartz and rock. Pretty neat to see. It will give you an idea of there is a huge pod of gold within, or just smaller veins running through it.

You can also get an idea if the gold is connected from one side to another by a simple volt-meter in the "Continuity" mode.