question for all you Arizona guys

I live in the California motherlode. Taking a little vacation at the moment in the Tucson area. Been out exploring around in the beautiful desert. Man,cant believe how much shallow and exposed great looking bedrock there is! My question is basic...is there alot of good gold in this area?? Havent seen signs of prospecting yet. Just curious. Ray

I dont know who to steer you to....Rob will chime in when he gets back home.

We hunt down at Greaterville, but that us pretty hard to describe

Good luck!

Not much gold in the immediate Tucson area. Small nuggets found at thew base of "A" mountain. Some placer gold in Canada del Oro in North Tucson. A little gold around Oracle.

Greaterville (45 minutes South) is your best bet for nugget hunting.

Thanks BB and Clay!!! That is perfect...I will be back next year and will get your footprint for it Clay.

I am down here because I just hiked Mt. Wrightson to spread my Grandmothers ashes on top...she joins my mom and Grandpa. Ive been coming to Green Valley since 1982. Love hiking around in the desert,but hadnt started prospecting untill 9-10 years ago. Anyway,thsnks again!!! Ray