Hey all:
Well, heres my latest project..........

Its a D-11 but a V2...V2 has a longer handle for guys over 6ft. :)
After seeing Boulderdash dig up half of LSD with his I said...I gotta make me one.

So out comes the welder, chopsaw and misc metal.

Front is a flat nose shovel and the pick part is a leaf spring.

Took it out last weekend to give it a workout but the Toyota had different plans.

Hit a couple of washes and got the skunk.

Was trying to get into another area that had a nasty steep road going into it.

Well, about half way up, im spinning and throwing half of the Arizona desert into El mirage.

Backed down off the hill and something just didnt feel right.

Got out to look at the front end at the bottom and my idler arm is hanging there looking like a

brokent arm...get it..broken arm..idler arm... ok....im lame.

Anyhoo...........I wallow out of the washes at about 5 mph and get to the hard road. Had to limp it home at 25-30mph. Watching out for any dips or bumps in the road as it would take off like a scared horse to the side of the road.

Got it home, swaped out the arm with a old one I had and its good to go.

Going out tomarow to give the D11 a try again. Think ill wear my rubber boots this time :)

Oh, the RM250 in the background is my new prospecting transport........im gonna go so far in Obama wont find me! :)
Tom H.

Bob:
Yah you can use it...just sign my disclaimer before you go out!! :)
Tom

That truck stroy reminds me of the time I had a brake line rupture on my Dakota at the front driver wheel right as I got off the main road from doin 55 to a dirt road and the brake pedal went to the floor. I had to pump the brakes like crazy to get her to stop. I folded up the cut off brake line and squished it down. On the SLOW drive home every time I applied the brakes it would pull drastically to the right.

That bike sure is looking nice!

Good luck out there tomorrow!!

That truck stroy reminds me of the time I had a brake line rupture on my Dakota at the front driver wheel right as I got off the main road from doin 55 to a dirt road and the brake pedal went to the floor. I had to pump the brakes like crazy to get her to stop. I folded up the cut off brake line and squished it down. On the SLOW drive home every time I applied the brakes it would pull drastically to the right.

Shay............your one of the last. :)

Jim shim it . African american it....blah.....get it home

If theres a will theres a way

Tom H.

Hey Shay Next time when all else fails just throw the anchor out. works for me. :lol: AzNuggetBob

Tom

One time I was out huntin hit a rock and busted my tie rod. I found a stick about 2 inches around and tied to the tie rod with fishing line, round and round. hey duct tape what ever ya got. it was all I had but it worked. got me home. AzNuggetBob

talking about having your brakes go out back in the bush. I had an old jeep that broke a brake line and I lost all of my brake fluid. I was able to pinch off the line so it didn't leak but didn't have any brake fluid. So I filled the resivour with water and even bled them out. It worked good to get me home where I then drained the water and repaired my line and fixed them right. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get home.