Got a specie today!

Hey all:
Welp dad and I went out today to a new area (where glendale ave goes over the aqua fria)idunno.gif
and did some detecting.

Was a nice clean area with minimal trash. Dad went one way and I went the other. Im going up the wash and looking at the bedrock/rocks and such and kind of mumbling to myself that I blew it picking this area.

Volcanics and different type of rocks im not used to. Wasnt finding anything, not even trash for the first 20 mins.
Then I get this signal that im sure is a 45 slug. Pretty loud and sharp.

Dug down 6 inches to bedrock and got it in the scoop.

Once I had it down to a teaspoon im not seeing any yellow except this odd jagged piece of dirty lead.

Well, thats it. I put some water on it and rubbed a little just to make sure it wasnt gold. DOH!

Yellow starts shining through! YEEEHAAA!!!!

First specimen for us :)

Did the usual when you find a nug, slow down go backwards listen for every little warble in the threshold.

Didnt find anymore in that wash. Got some nice bullets though.

Showed dad when we met up at the truck and we went back in with the shovel and GB2.

I dug it out and was rewarded with a awsome #9 birdshot pellet :)

Detected the banks, sides of the hills, the wash again...no brothers, sisters, aunts or uncles!

Now I have to figure out that weighing formula for specimens.

Good time out today and the good Lord blessed us with some gold and a new area to hunt.

Enjoy.

Tom H.

Robert: Look foward to meeting up again at the outing. Will be a lot of fun...gold or not its still a great time.

Roo: This spot just added about 50 more washes ive got to detect!!!! Every time we find a nug we get more confused.... I will never figure out the geolegy/gold here in Az....just got to swing it over everything I guess :)
Tom H