GPAA Show Saturday Update

• Admin

Hello All,

Just got back home from the GPAA Gold Show in Mesa. I must say it's a ton of work to set up then rush back and forth daily to Mesa. That being said, met some great people today. Sure are a lot of people interested in metal detecting, not just for nuggets. The X-Terra 705 was probably the most talked about detector today. Great detector for $729.00 and for what you can do with it.

Only seen one GPX 5000 walk out the door, not sure who sold it ..... :P Ok, you're truly did.

They mentioned in the range of 1400 - 1500 people through the door today. Not the great attendance, but far from the worst.

Hope to see you tomorrow if you didn't make it down today.

Rob:
Good to meet up with ya at the show.

Seemed like a really good attendence to me.
It was a lot of fun and I learned some stuff from the seminars.

Tom H.

Same here Rob, nice to finally meet you. Thanks for showing me the ATX. I was a little concerned about the 6+ lbs., but it is very well balanced. I'm sure I will be upgrading in the next few months, regardless of which way I go, you have my business.

Steve Kiesel

Central Oregon

Seriously six 6 plus pounds? on the ATX. I just hope with all the new micro SM tech and vacu formed carbon fiber/Kevlar these days Minelab can do better than that? I'm still wondering about the C batteries?

Rob if you would have had a SDC2300 to show off I'd have been there.

AzNuggetBob

It was great seeing you again and meeting your wife. I could have talk more with you but I understand that talking with new potential customers is far more inportant! My wife and I once ran a small business too making children's clothes.

I put the new 6 inch CoilTek coil and the Minelab hip bag onto the Eureka Gold on Sunday and it works great. Now to get my wife over some gold. Thanks for the new hat too,

Robert

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Great seeing you all at the show. I know I didn't get the opportunity to talk with everyone. I seen some a bit frustrated Saturday since we were under-manned and couldn't get with everyone during the rush. I know many came back around later when it slowed down. We enjoy talking with everyone about gold, but at the same time I can't spent hours talking with one guy while others are waiting to have questions answered. It's very tough for me also, as I love to chat, but the wife is saying you have other customers ... :spank:

Yes, the Garrett ATX is 6.9 pounds. I recommend getting a good harness such as the Pro-Swing 45 for this unit. The GPX 5000 is around 5.3 pounds (but the battery is not on the detector like the ATX).

Hey Guys,

Great seeing you all at the show. I know I didn't get the opportunity to talk with everyone. I seen some a bit frustrated Saturday since we were under-manned and couldn't get with everyone during the rush. I know many came back around later when it slowed down. We enjoy talking with everyone about gold, but at the same time I can't spent hours talking with one guy while others are waiting to have questions answered. It's very tough for me also, as I love to chat, but the wife is saying you have other customers ... :spank:

Yes, the Garrett ATX is 6.9 pounds. I recommend getting a good harness such as the Pro-Swing 45 for this unit. The GPX 5000 is around 5.3 pounds (but the battery is not on the detector like the ATX).

I sure did like the way the ATX folded up to about 20 inches long. And, it looks like the dang thing is bullet proof. Would be a great machine for the backpack if your using a motorcycle to get in.

Think I need to make a 3pcs collapsing shaft for the 5000 so it wont stick so far out over me head! :)

Tom H.

Kevin's number was a total of 1,300 who attended the seminars in the back area. Not everyone goes to one of the seminars, hence the number is much lower than total attendance. I would guess your estimate of half the number on Sunday as compared to Saturday is real close to the actual number.

Hey Rob it was great to see you, chat a bit and meet you dad.