had a good couple of months

• Admin

Hey Houghy,

Great finds!! Yes, would love to hear about your new techniques or any findings you would be willing to share with us here on the forums.

Is the gold from the US or some other country? Would love to hear more about detector and searchcoil used, general area you're hunting and the story on the finds.

Hope you continue to find more.

Rob Allison

hey guys my new technique is one you probably all have used for years .ive got nearly every coil on the market but have gone back to the minelab 11 inch mono and scrape it on the ground. i live up north in western australia and in most parts the ground is very noisy but putting up with the noise is paying off because the nuggets are heard pretty easily.sometimes i,m actually dissappointed because the machine will be screaming and i dig 4 to 6 inches for a half grammer or smaller.a lot of people up where i live play secret squirrel and wont give up too many hints so i just learn by mistakes or by trying something new.i go through skid plates every couple of days so i tried a frisbee which actually fits the coil perfectly and even where i live they only cost about 3 bucks compared to 25 bucks for the skid plate.they last twice as long too.in the photo of the gold weighing 12 grams there are 55 nuggets in the pile most weighing .1 of a gram and i found it where people have been going for years.the big rock had 35 grams in it the most gold i,ve ever found in one rock and it was down creek from where me and a mate stumbled on a patch where we found about 6 ounces.would like to know where the bigger rock came from so still looking.would like a few hints on any timings that mite help if anyone is interested or willing to help out.

thanks fred

Fantastic couple of months! Yeah spoke to a friend of mine in QLD and he said he went through 6 skid plates in five months of his detecting trip. He loves the 11 commander mono on his 5. He's a top operator too and has other coils but keeps going back to the 11. He reckons there is an article in the Aussie GG&T where a bloke says that running your coil on the ground makes you loose gold. :D Ha ha, he should take a look at your finds Houghy and my mates, I reckon it'd change his mind pronto!