Updates on the Garrett ATX Metal Detector

• Admin

Hey Steve,

I think Garrett has a good thing going here. The fact the unit is compact, comes with 3 coils right out of the gate and the price is right! I got confirmation my Garrett's are coming very soon. I have both the Garrett ATX Basic and Deepseeker packages on the way.

Looking forward to giving it a run in the goldfields and some new prospects off the beaten path.

Thanks for all the information you have shared to date.

Rob Allison

do you have a price yet rob for The three coil pkg?...with hard and soft cases?

paul

Having all three coils for the ATX and get them in a package deal would not be a bad thing. I guess it's all up to Garrett. We know Rob has a way of making his own package deals. You give Rob time and you won't need to go anyplace else for that package that just fits you.

Chuck

Steve

The only thing I don't see on the ATX is a detector stand to keep it off the ground. I know I'll do like I've done others and that's to put a leather cover on the bottom. I don't want to see my ATX ground into the dirt over time. I can wipe off the dust off but the cuts in the case don't wipe out. Maybe Garrett will offer something like we have coil covers that just snap on.

Well I'm back to looking at more video's. One time are another I need to get off the fence being the points of it is starting to hurt. I guess I'm like a friend that is a gun lover. He will buy a new gun and get in the house without his wife seeing him. Later he'll get several guns out with the new one to clean them. He says that wife of his will point at that new gun and say when did you get that one. Most of my detectors color is black and blue. Now Garrett got this all green detector that is going to be hard to hid with the others and a green hard case. Oh well I will over come.

Chuck

I'm all for coil covers and I don't like to use one without a cover. The thing is if you later down the road want to sell this great detector people look at the control box and not so much at the coils. They think this took good care of his ATX being the control box looks great .

Chuck

I really like the compactness of this unit. Like Steve said. " I can see sticking this thing in a small rucksack for getting into some real tough places."

I do alot of climbing up rocky hills and like my hands to be free especially when descending. with this detector I think Hiking and Climbing will be easier and safer. I like what I'm seeing for sure.

Thinking I might need to consider doing away with a couple of backup vlfs and maybe even the sand shark if this detector proves to be as good as it looks.

Bill

I dont feel there is a big need for the covers yet, it seems Garrett does not trust the ATX to be released to the general public. I would rather see them get the detector out first. The coil covers shouldnt be a problem.

You would rather they not do field testing to insure you get a good product with as little chance of problems as possible? Guys like me are the last line of defense but I have found no reason to stop the presses. The ATX is on the way to dealers as I type, or so I am given to understand. But not the scuff covers.

The wait has been short. Many models get announced with way more gap between announcement and release.

i can see me with a rucksack on, while riding my 2500w electric Kona mt bike ......zipping around places....like Greaterville..

getting in as far as that goes And hiking the rest...or just pedalling down to The park, or beach

I had a chance to detect with Steve H a few days ago and spent the afternoon with the ATX. Good machine. Rob should sell plenty of them and for good reason. They're going to find a lot of gold.

I wrote a review on my site www.goldsearchandrescue.com for anyone who's interested. It definitely has a place in the field and I don't think anyone who orders one from Rob will be dissapointed. It's not a GPX but I was really impressed with it's ability on small gold and it's smooth threshold.

Mike Greyshock

I just want to see a good head to head. Some-one take it out with some-one using a GPX5000 as well. One gets a target, don't dig or scrape, just call the other person over to test the target with their machine. Simple, no air tests, no nuggets sitting on top of the ground, no nuggets pre buried. Its the only way to go and get a true test done. Any machine can find gold in the right hands, but not all machines are alike or as good or better than the other.

Only a true out in the field head to head shows the truth. And I think the burning question for many is "is it better than the best that we already have?"

That it works is a given, and it looks pretty cool too. Got the aesthetics right! Minelab have lagged way behind with the same ole same ole design for too long now. Please some-one do a head to head!