Gold Nuggets with Holes

• Admin

Hello All,

I've always liked finding the gold nuggets with holes in them, even though it's a very small percentage of most of the nuggets being found. Here is one I found in Central Arizona years ago that weight around 3/4 ounce. It has some decent character besides the larger and smaller holes.

I believe I found this one back when the GP series was around.

Post your nugget(s) with holes if you have them.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Dern Rob.....thats a really nice nugget!

I dont mind if my nuggets have holes in them or not.....as long as they are in MY scoop :)
Gary. Thats a beaut! Is it from Nevada?
Tom

Hi Rob and all,

Thank for letting us post our nuggets with holes, I think my computer provider is the issue as it is very slow.

And to answer the question where my nugget with a hole came from, Nevada would be correct. It was found below the bottom of an abandoned wash bank test hole, I guess the guy that dug the original hole just quit and left the nugget for me!

Gary

Gary

If I wanted something with a hole in it, I'd go to Dunkin Donuts. Just kidding, I had a flashback to when I was a cop.

That is a really neat nugget. I just love all the character about nuggets. My wife will ask me, "Why are you looking at all your nuggets again?" I tell because they are interesting and each time I see something new.

When it comes to prospecting, people either get it or they don't. My wife doesn't!

Doc

• Admin

Hey Doc,

That is like my Father, he don't get the searching for gold much. Over all the years, finding thousands of nuggets, he just never got it. Now if I was doing something related to Football, that might be a different story. I guess when I was younger I leaned more towards Science and Technology over Sports .... LOL

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Great looking nuggets with holes in them. I know it might sound silly, but the nuggets with holes are much more scarce than the typical solid, slug nuggets. Hope to see others share their "nuggets with holes" with us. I know I have some others, just have to dig up the old pictures of them.

Thanks for sharing,

Rob Allison

Funny to get home and see this post... just got back from a couple days of detecting and picked up this nugg. The hole's not big, but it's there! ;)

I see an indian dancing with fethers in thier hand. :)

Tom

I only have one holie nugget. :)
Found this in a wash I got a little over 2 oz. out of.

I like this one because on the one side it has a cystaly type imprint from the host rock.

3.8 grams

Tom H.

This a small one grammer i found in Greaterville in Jan.

Look closely and you can see the hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slim,

Did you by chance run into Little Bill, who hangs around that area? I met him years ago out at Rye Patch, when the Minelabs were just beginning to show up in that area. He and Havasu Bill and Smokey Baird and a few others, were some of the first guys to run those machines in the early years of the 90's. Most of those early guys have passed on to the great goldfields in the sky...I bet they have a great view of the placers from up there!

Gary