Off topic help - Expanded metal

OK so I know a lot of you guys are great fabricators so I thought you might give me some clues on where to find what I am looking for.

I have a bunch of homeless people hanging out in the front yard of my office. 15 to 20. I call the cops, they ticket them for trespassing, 3 days later they are back. My yard has grass and big shade trees, so that is the draw. The problem is, they are trashing the place.

They literally back up against the building and crap down the walls. GROSS!

They plug televisions into my electric and they gather around and watch soap operas or what ever. The other day I came to work they had a crock pot going cooking beans.

My normal water bill is around $45. Last month $280 because they turn the water spigots on and bathe or whatever and then they leave them run, they knock off the sprinkler heads.

So I put lock boxes on the hose bibs. To get even with me they disassembled the anti-syphon water valve for the landscaping last night and turned it on full blast, it washed out the side yard, flooded the street and wasted god know how much water.

So I need a expanded metal box to put over the anti-syphon valve, and a way to lock it so they can't pull it off to get to the valve. I have a real simple idea of how to lock it on.

But do any of you guys know where I could get an expanded metal box, sort of like a small garbage can? About 12 inces wide, 12 inches tall and 6 inches wide? Figured I would just turn it upside down over the valve. And like I said I think I have a real simple way of securing it with an EYE bolt as long as I weld a ring to the outside of one of the sides of the expanded metal.

Surely there is something like an expanded metal garbage can I could adapt???

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Doc

Doc:
Man.........first of all....that sucks to have people scumming off of you.

Ok...Heres what I would do.

Teddy bear cholla. What a great cheap deterent. They look nice in the summer, dont take any water and will

give any body thats around them a second thought on why they are want to hang around! :)

#9 bird shot works well also :)
Hope you get rid of the vegrants.

Give them some toilet paper....with itching powder liberly applied to it.:)

Tom H.

Grubby I already looked at everything I could find on Google. I mean I can get something for $384. but that is way too expensive. I was thinking there has to be something that is used for something else which can be adapted.

Doc

Get in touch with Matt, I'm sure he could weld you up something to your specks, I know he has made stuff like for Kidd Saxton, to keep people off his mine property, so they could not cut the locks.

Why not get a $30.00 key lock safe from walmart and cut the bottom out of it, and put a strap woth bolts that can only be loosened if you open the door with the key, Grubstake

Hey Doc,

Sorry to hear of the tresspassers. :angry2: We cant handle that situation like the good-ol-days, because now days they would sue you :angry: and win. The box is a great idea.. but, is a patch to the problem. . . Don't give up on the cops yet. It has gone beyond tresspass now.. There is theft of water and electricity and distruction of property. Keep calling them out for an arrest and prosecute them or threaten them with prosecution at least and then call the Chief of Police with a remark of media attention if he cant clear them out. I would think some video survalence speaks volumes with the Health Dept on the crap-in. But. . . I really like the itching powder idea. :) Do you think the lawn needs some fertilazer on it?? 5 er 6 bags of steer manure should create a big enough stink to make them move on.

Good Luck..

NvAuMiner - Doug

I could set up my 12 gauge trip lines. They use blank shells filled with pepper powder, big boom lots of teary eyes and coughing. I'm sure if I did that something would surely go wrong and I would be the one wearing handcufs.

Doc

I could set up my 12 gauge trip lines. They use blank shells filled with pepper powder, big boom lots of teary eyes and coughing. I'm sure if I did that something would surely go wrong and I would be the one wearing handcufs.

Doc

And as well you should be, there Doc... And special eyelashes, pink tights, and so forth ... Fill those 12 gauge shells with good ol' NV Horney Toad skulls ... Or, you could just poop down the barrel of your 12 gauge, back it with some 8 shot and just get all kinds of creative with your home boys there ... Or a 9mm to the ankle on one and scatter the pix on the lawn ... Just waxing creative here ! .... :rolleyes:

Doc, I feel sorry for your business location, its a bad area, nothing but bums, hookers and drug dealers all around. Without spending a lot of money they will probably just keep hangin around. To bad you cant have electrified fencing all around your business.... The worst part is if they get hurt on your property they will sue you.

Dave.

P.S. I know you have a lot of nice trees, and grass around your building, perfect place for the bums, if you contact Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA), and put in desert landscaping they pay you a certain amount per square foot of grass you remove. Replace all your grass with rock and cactus, that will keep them out. It will also cut down on your water bill.

Dave